What do I look at when buying watches.
I only buy watches to wear as a daily watch, a watch that can be used without any thoughts to the circumstances one is to use the watch.
I’m a tool watch man by heart – don’t find that any dress watch will look good on me, don’t think watches with bling-bling will look good on me. No give me a simple, through steel watch that can be used in ALL situations.
Here are my priority list:
- Steel watch
- Dive watch – minimum 100 meters water resistance (for vintage – 300 meters for newer)
- Simple design – easy to read dial
- Have some weight and size
- Normal design – round watch – not square
- Classic – focus on the classic quality
Well to be true – I’m now drifting a little 😉
Have been looking into some other watches I might find super for me in the near future.
Rolex Daytona – Not a simple dial – but still a tool watch
Rolex Deep Sea – Not a simple dial – but the ultimate toolwatch
Vintage Rolex Gold Sub – Bling – Bling – but somehow the old classic gold subs have grown on me.
But in general I’m just a steel tool watch man … moving along – changing my mind as it is allowed.
My Tool watches: